The Italian Women’s Club was formed in 1930, by a group of public-spirited Canadian women of Italian birth, who saw the need for such an organization to provide a social outlet for the foreign born women and to assist the newcomers to feel at home and at one with the local community. Since then, the club has grown and widened its contacts and its membership to include not only women of Italian birth, but Italo-Canadian women as well. It was in 1946 that the club became known officially as the “G. Caboto Ladies Auxiliary” although they always co-operated with the men’s organization in providing social, recreational and educational programs. The charities supported were wide-spread and financial assistance could always be counted on to assist the local charities.